We all know how difficult it is to concentrate on what our Boss is telling us when his mouth reeks of unhealthy teeth and gums. By the time he’s done talking you barely remember a word he said and you’ve almost forgot how to breathe yourself!
Aside from cigarette smoking and other such addictions, bad breath in general is mostly caused by simple carelessness. If you want to keep people focused on what you say, make sure you keep your enemy at bay; there’s nothing like bad breath to ruin an impression. All it takes is a few golden rules, which you should keep in mind at all times, to avoid being avoided.
- Brush your teeth twice daily, whether you had chocolate or not, brush twice daily.
- Invest in the best toothbrushes and toothpaste, don’t blindly follow colorful advertisements, analyze and purchase. Be an alert customer.
- Do not poke your teeth with whatever you have in hand; use flosses. Floss regularly.
- Relieve your stomach every morning.
- Keep a balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your pipes clean.
- Steer clear from cigarettes, paan, churpi, titaura and pachak!
- Keep your appointment with the dentist every 6 months, whether you think you need it or not.
Do not ignore oral hygiene for your mouth is what opens up to a stranger even before you do. Be good to your teeth and gums because they won’t last forever, and should they deicide to leave you before their time, you will definitely not be happy with what you see in the mirror and beyond!